Sunday 6 November 2011

Apple and Cinnamon Crumble (Round 2!)

So, regular readers on my blog will know that I have previously tried to bake an Apple and Cinnamon Crumble, but it went pretty tits up, to be honest!! Thought it was about time I gave it another go, plus my friend from uni has bought me the COOLEST apple corer and slicer EVER so thought I should really include it in my latest blog.


How awesome is that?!? I love it, it's my new favourite kitchen toy! Shame that it actually resembles more of an apple crumble than my actual crumble did. Needless to say, I am NOT posting the recipe for my Apple and Cinnamon Crumble (Round 2!) as yet again....it was rubbish!!


I tried a different recipe, (yet again!) but it didn't crisp on the top (the recipe said to cook for 25mins at 180degreesC, yet after 45mins, it STILL wasn't ready and I was aware I was about to miss the start of Alan Carr, Chatty Man...so I took it out, maybe too early?) AND the apple was WAAAAAY over cooked...was like mush, with no chunks...basically baby food. Oh, and because this crumble was taking forever, my custard got cold and turned to water...not good!


I was going to say it doesn't look as bad as it tasted, but after seeing this photo, I'm not even sure it actually looked good!! I just don't know why I keep getting it wrong. I've tried not cooking the apples before, I've tried cooking the apples before, I've tried plain flour, I've tried wholemeal flour....and still, I can't get it right! 

Seriously guys, do any of you know a FOOL PROOF recipe that I could try to make an Apple and Cinnamon Crumble? Gutted that I can't recreate the childhood classic of desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment