Wednesday 21 September 2011

Review: Stellar Flan Tin

As a 'newbie' to all of this baking malarky, I find it really useful to read over people's reviews of certain products, so I thought I would share with you a review of my latest baking purchase, a Stellar 10inch/26cm Fluted Round Flan Tin with Loose Base.


I bought the product so that I could try out my partner's favourite pudding - banoffee pie, as well as to conquer my fear of pastry!! I knew that I specifically wanted a loose base tin as they seemed easier to clean, and gave a more professional look to whatever you were making. (Plus, I have learnt from experience that if something I am going to bake is going to stick to the dish, then it will stick good and proper!!) 

I searched all over the high street to find exactly what I wanted as I'm not over keen on buying online, as I like to thoroughly examine the product before I put my money where my mouth is and I was recommended to try TKMaxx. They had a range of tins, but only one loose based one - which another woman was looking to purchase!! So I went for a browse in hope she would put it back, luckily she did! It was a reasonable £7.99 and perfect size for what I wanted.


I had never heard of the company Stellar before, but I am really impressed with this tin. It's easy to use, quick to clean, has a great non stick coating and is very durable. Well worth the money and I am looking forward to trying out more bakes with it. Highly recommended to novice and pro bakers alike.

Rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment