Tuesday 20 September 2011

Welcome to Steffie Jay's Bakes!

Just a quick note to say 'Welcome' and thank you for viewing my blog. If you are viewing this expecting culinary finesse, then I advise you to leave now! 

The main reason I am starting up a blog is simply because...I love food!! On top of this, what I love even more is looking at a selection of ingredients and making them...well, into something (whether it be a catastrophe or not!) so, please bare with me as many of these recipes may be a case of trial and error!

Just like a lot of young people, I regret not spending enough time with my Grandparents and asking them questions about how they used to make ends meet when times were hard and how they made the perfect pastry/biscuit/tart. I wish I had spent more time with them, learning how to cook, especially my paternal Grandmother as there was always something yummy for dinner (that normally involved the grandchildren sitting on the kitchen side, drying the dishes). So, my aim for this blog is to keep an ongoing collection of recipes, that maybe one day my children or grandchildren would like to use and experiment with!


Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment